Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust - Sustainable Future Programme
The Sustainable Future Programme is provided and administered by the Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust (JRCT). Funding is available to enable organisations in the UK to develop and promote sustainable, low-carbon alternatives to the current consumerist and growth-based paradigm.
The overall focus of the Fund is on developing and promoting sustainable, low-carbon alternatives to the current consumerist and growth-based paradigm. Funding is available for work in the following areas:
Better economics - the Trust will fund work that:
· Explores and promotes ways that well-being and sustainability, rather than traditional forms of economic growth, could be placed at the heart of public policy.
· Explores and promotes mechanisms that could better align business and investor behaviour with environmental sustainability and the long-term public interest.
· Researches and develops innovations and new practical models of enterprise that can be embedded within community practice.
· Challenges future investment in, or subsidies for, fossil fuels.
Beyond consumerism - the Trust will fund work that:
· Campaigns, initiatives and mechanisms which encourage radical, large scale shifts in behaviour and culture away from consumerism towards more sustainable ways of living.
· Exploration of initiatives and models which promote positive alternatives to consumerism for a more fulfilled life.
· Work which engages people individually and collectively in holistic and value-led approaches to transformed behaviour and lifestyle, as an alternative to consumerism.
New voices - the Trust will fund work that:
· Campaigns and movements that give marginalised or under-represented groups a voice on issues of environmental and economic justice.
· Initiatives that encourage organisations from outside the traditional environmental field to get involved in environmental justice.
· Networks that link and support local environmental justice groups.
· The replication of innovative local projects regionally or nationally.
The Trust is interested in funding work which:
· Is about removing problems through radical solutions, and not simply about making problems easier to live with.
· Has a clear sense of objectives, and of how to achieve them.
· Is innovative and imaginative.
· Where the grant has a good chance of making a difference.
For more information visit: https://www.jrct.org.uk/about-us
1 view0 comments